5 Ways to Donate to The Gathering Place November 2, 2018 12:00
It’s always the season for giving!
The Gathering Place helps to provide women, children, and transgender individuals with a safe place during the day. Services include hot meals, food to take home, clean clothes, education classes, and resources to help find housing and jobs. We also have a variety of healthcare options and daily programming that supports learning and creativity.
In short, we stretch every dollar, food, and clothing donation to its max in order to do the most good for the members.
Without everything that The Gathering Place accomplishes, Art Restart artists may not have the resources needed to create their artworks. We want to keep providing our artists with a safe environment and everything they need to feel accomplished and creative in their community, and we depend largely on donations from people who care. People like you!
Here are 5 easy ways to give to The Gathering Place this season, and all year round!
1) Monetary Donation – it’s so simple. Make a one time donation, sign-up to give monthly, or donate in memory of a loved one. Go to The Gathering Place website, and click donate.
2) Clothing Donation – TGP receives a variety of clothing donations, and we don’t always have space to keep everything people give. However, new/gently used coats and professional attire are often accepted, and we are always in need of these items:
- New underwear (sizes 5 - 12)
- New socks
New or gently used bras
3) Toiletry Donations – We ALWAYS need/want/appreciate new and unopened toiletries. A great way to keep up with exactly what we need, is to follow The Gathering Place on social media, and look out for "Wish List Wednesday."
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Body wash
4) Baby products -- Many of the mothers that use the facilities at TGP bring their children with them, meaning we frequently need infant specific products! Again, everything needs to be new and unopened, please.
- Enfamil Infant formula
- Baby hygiene products (baby powder, lotion, shampoo, etc)
- Pull-ups sizes 2T-5T
5) Food Donations – Outside of the hot meals provided at TGP, members are also provided with food to take home. Keep in mind that many members may only have a microwave or no kitchen at all, so please try to donate food that doesn’t need a stovetop. Here are some suggestions:
- Canned soup
- Tuna/chicken pouches
- Meal-maker kits(i.e. Hamburger Helper, Rica-a-Roni, etc)
- Granola bars
- Ready-made noodles like ramen, cup-o-noodles, or mac and cheese
Canned fruits and vegetables
If you would like to make a donation of items, please contact Program Specialist Leah Weisgal at (303) 996-9046 or firstname.lastname@example.org. She's also the one to reach if you would like to host a donation drive and get all of your friends to contribute as well!
Thank you for supporting our artists and other members of The Gathering Place. We appreciate everything you do for us.
Have more questions about what donations we do and do not accept? Go to TGP's helpful page here for more information.