But What Card do I Pick? And What do I Say?? September 14, 2018 12:00
Picking the right card to represent your company can be tricky. On top of that, you need to know what to say in order to thank customers for their business and encourage a continued partnership. Art Restart offers over 100 beautiful cards designed by women at The Gathering Place, and that’s a lot to select from! Follow these steps to choose and create the perfect card for you and your company.
1) What type of seasonal imagery works best for you and your company?
Christmas can be suggested with an ornament,stocking, or simply the colors red and green. Something such as Holiday Homes by BJA or Denver Holiday by OUI.
If you want to only infer the season and passing into the New Year, a more generic winter scene may be appropriate. These cards might include gorgeous winter landscapes, a playful snowman, or a friendly polar bear. Artists LDT, WA, and EHS all created seasonal cards that fit this genre perfectly.
2) What are you visually drawn to?
It seems simple, but this is an important step. If you’re torn between a few cards, which one do you find the most appealing? It’s important that you like what you send to your loved ones and customers!
3) Let’s assume at this point you know the design, but what are you going to say?
The first option is to leave your card blank. If you are only sending cards to a select few and plan on handwriting the messages, this is the best option.
Many times, you want your card to say a little something to remind customers or family that you care. You can sign it after for a personal touch! Here are some short and sweet samples:
- We wish you a Happy Holiday season and a peaceful and prosperous New Year.
- Season’s greetings from the entire crew at [company name].
- Wishing you a joyous holiday season with peace & cheer in the New Year!Best wishes from your friends at [company name].
If you want to concretely acknowledge that you wish to work with the customer in the future, or if you plan on putting a bit more feeling and thoughtfulness into your message, try out some of these longer examples:
- The team at [company name] wishes you peace, joy and prosperity throughout the coming year. Thank you for your continued support and partnership. We look forward to working with you in the years to come.
- This holiday season, we are looking back with appreciation for your loyalty and looking forward to moving into the New Year together.
- During this season, we take time to reflect upon the good things we have… like our partnership with you!We appreciate working with you and hope that the holidays and the coming year will bring you happiness and success. Cheers to the New Year!
4) This step is simple – make the cards yours by adding a photo or your company logo to the back for no extra cost!
5) Art Restart cards come in two sizes – 4 ¼ x 5 ½ inches (A2) or 5 x 7 inches (A7).
If you’re having a hard time imagining the size, think of traditional photograph sizes. They both take one stamp, so this is based on personal preference. However, if your inscription is long, you may want to bump up the size of the card so it still looks clean and professional inside.
6) Don’t forget to wrap it up and seal it!
All Art Restart cards come with blank ps, but if you want to skip the hassle of adding a return address to all of the envelops, for a small fee, we’ll do it for you.
Ta Da! Your cards are ready!
Expect a digital proof from us within 48 hours, and the cards will be in your hands within 10 business days. Happy stress free holidays from Art Restart to you!
Still feeling stumped on what to say? Check out these ideas and more at https://www.shutterfly.com/ideas/business-holiday-card-messages/ .